Jake Ryan Brown
Sports Radio Host, Sports and Entertainment Podcast Host, Producer, Social Media Coordinator, Sports Writer, Media Personality, Digital Content Manager
Major League Baseball (MLB) Feb. 2018-Present
Associate Site Manager, MLB.com
- Added meta to all assigned highlights via content management systems.
- Processed real-time highlights and game features to MLB Gameday and MLB.com via digital asset management systems.
- Posted highlights to team websites and MLB.com.
- Ensured correct sponsorships attached to relevant highlights.
- Copy-edited video descriptions and blurbs for grammatical and statistical accuracies.
CBS Radio June 2014-April 2017
Digital Program Manager, CBS Sports Radio
- Copy edited 12 editorial pieces and interviews daily and post to CBSSportsRadio.com and all CBS Sports Radio shows sites.
- Worked with CBS Sports Radio producers to identify great audio and turn into content to share on social media accounts.
- Led CBS Sports Radio’s digital platform from 3.7 million in 2014 to over 7 million unique views in both 2015 and 2016.
- Managed CBS Sports Radio Facebook and Twitter accounts. Posting interviews, columns, and content to both accounts.
SPORTS WRITING/BLOGGING EXPERIENCE:
Sports Writer, Blogger, Columnist
SNY’s The Knicks Blog July 2017-Present
- Covering the New York Knicks for SNY.tv’s The Knicks Blog. Credentialed to cover Knicks games at MSG. Live tweet games from The Knicks Blog Twitter.
CBSSportsRadio.com, CBSLocalSports.com, CBS New York, Radio.com June 2014-April 2017
- Sports writer and columnist with CBS. Credentialed to cover the NBA Draft, NBA All Star Weekend, and many other events. Writing concert reviews for Radio.com.
Sports Writer, Blogger, Columnist Nov. 2011-Dec. 2014
- Sports writer, blogger, and columnist for: SportsTalk1240.com, SportsRadioNY.com, FanSided.com, FootballNation.com, AllVoices.com, JockSpin.com, TalkinNYSports.com, Sportsideo.com. Credentialed to cover various New York sporting events.
CBS Radio’s Play.it Podcast Network, New York, NY Dec. 2014-Present
Host, Producer, Social Media Coordinator of The Jake Brown Show (Oct. 2016-ongoing)
- Host of a sports, entertainment, and lifestyle podcast, which features a weekly show and interviews with some of the best guests in sports and entertainment.
- Manage The Jake Brown Show Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube accounts and engage with listeners by creating social content.
- Guests have included George Foreman, Jim Breuer, Lenny Dykstra, Warren Moon, Artie Lange, Takeo Spikes, Rick Barry, Nick Wright, Tiki Barber, The Sugarhill Gang.
Host, Producer, Social Media Coordinator of Brown And Scoop (Aug. 2015-Sept. 2016)
- Hosted a sports and entertainment podcast, which features a weekly show and daily interviews with some of the best guests in both fields.
- 10 interviews went viral and were discussed on national TV and radio shows and picked up by various websites (TMZ, ESPN, CNN, etc). Top 15 Play.it podcast in January.
- Guests included Mario Andretti, Mark Cuban, Dr. Ben Carson, DJ Khaled, Ivan Rodriguez, Kevin O’Leary, David Hasselhof, Rod Carew, Nancy Lieberman, French Montana.
- Managed the Brown and Scoop Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube accounts.
Host, Producer, Social Media Coordinator of 4th & Goal With JB &BT, Brown and Troupe (Dec. 2014-June 2015)
- Hosted a sports and entertainment podcast with former NFL tight end Ben Troupe.
- Managed the podcast’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Periscope accounts.
- Guests included Clinton Portis, Lisa Ann, Ryan Clark, Paulie Malignaggi, Aries Spears.
AM1240-WGBB, West Babylon, NY May 2012-Dec. 2016
Sports Radio Host, Producer, Social Media Coordinator
- Hosted SportsTalk1240 (formerly “The 5th Quarter in New York Sports) on AM1240-WGBB and streaming online at SportsTalk1240.com and TuneIn.com. Discuss the hottest topics in sports and interview sports figures.
- Credentialed to cover Mets games, Jets, FXFL, Hofstra, and other NY sporting events.
- Engaged with listeners and fans on SportsTalk1240’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
ESPN Radio, New Hampshire June 2013-June 2014
Sports Radio Host, Producer, Social Media Coordinator
- Hosted “The Weekend with Jake & Drew” on ESPN Radio New Hampshire on AM900 and AM1250, ESPN Radio app, ESPNNH.com, and on TuneIn Radio.
- Produced the show by booking guests, making rundown, new segments, commercials.
- Managed the show’s Facebook, Twitter, and Periscope.
88.7FM-WRHU, Hempstead, NY May 2012-May 2013
On-Air Host, Sports Updates
- Served as On-Air Host of the music shows “Aggressive Edge” and “Airwave.”
- Developed in-game sports updates during Hofstra sports broadcasts, and Morning Show and Newsline updates.
- Served as play-by play announcer and color commentator for Hofstra Pride athletics including basketball and baseball, and the Long Island Ducks.
Hofstra News Now, Hempstead, NY Feb. 2013-May 2013
Sports Anchor, Producer
- Wrote and produced sports stories for the weekly broadcast of Hofstra News Now and anchored the sports broadcast on Hofstra TV.
Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast Journalism, Minor in Sociology
- Proficient with Pro Tools, Selector, Master Control, ENPS, Avid Media Composer
- Computer: Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Software: Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Audition, Photoshop
- Social Media: Proficient in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, WordPress.