New York Post, New York, NY 10/19-Present
Executive Producer, Sports Podcasts
- Launch sports podcasts for the New York Post.
- Plan out show, work with hosts to coordinate shows, operate the board.
- Edit and upload the show to Megaphone and write episode articles for all shows.
- Booking guests for the show and joining on-air segments.
SiriusXM Radio, New York, NY 04/18-Present
Associate Producer, NFL Radio
- Operate the board for various SiriusXM NFL Radio shows.
- Assist in planning out show, brainstorming show topics, screening calls.
- Edit and upload the show to On Demand and title segments throughout the show.
- Booking guests for the show and joining on-air segments when needed.
Bleav Podcast Network, New York, NY 07/19-Present
Host, The Life: New York Podcast
- Host and produce the weekly podcast, including operating the board.
- Book sports and entertainment guests for each episode.
- Guests have included Linda Cohn, Bob Wischusen, John Jastremski and many more.
CBS Radio’s Play.it Podcast Network, New York, NY Dec. 2014-March 2018
Host, Producer, Social Media Coordinator of The Jake Brown Show (Oct. 2016-ongoing)
- Host of a sports, entertainment, and lifestyle podcast, which features a weekly show and interviews with some of the best guests in sports and entertainment.
- Manage The Jake Brown Show Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube accounts and engage with listeners by creating social content.
- Guests have included George Foreman, Jim Breuer, Lenny Dykstra, Warren Moon, Artie Lange, Takeo Spikes, Rick Barry, Nick Wright, Tiki Barber, The Sugarhill Gang.
Host, Producer, Social Media Coordinator of Brown And Scoop (Aug. 2015-Sept. 2016)
- Hosted a sports and entertainment podcast, which features a weekly show and daily interviews with some of the best guests in both fields.
- 10 interviews went viral and were discussed on national TV and radio shows and picked up by various websites (TMZ, ESPN, CNN, etc). Top 15 Play.it podcast in January.
- Guests included Mario Andretti, Mark Cuban, Dr. Ben Carson, DJ Khaled, Ivan Rodriguez, Kevin O’Leary, David Hasselhof, Rod Carew, Nancy Lieberman, French Montana.
- Managed the Brown and Scoop Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube accounts.
Host, Producer, Social Media Coordinator of 4th & Goal With JB &BT, Brown and Troupe (Dec. 2014-June 2015)
- Hosted a sports and entertainment podcast with former NFL tight end Ben Troupe.
- Managed the podcast’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Periscope accounts.
- Guests included Clinton Portis, Lisa Ann, Ryan Clark, Paulie Malignaggi, Aries Spears.
CBS Radio June 2014-April 2017
Digital Program Manager, CBS Sports Radio
- Copy edited 12 editorial pieces and interviews daily and post to CBSSportsRadio.com and all CBS Sports Radio shows sites.
- Worked with CBS Sports Radio producers to identify great audio and turn into content to share on social media accounts.
- Led CBS Sports Radio’s digital platform from 3.7 million in 2014 to over 7 million unique views in both 2015 and 2016.
- Managed CBS Sports Radio Facebook and Twitter accounts. Posting interviews, columns, and content to both accounts.
AM1240-WGBB, West Babylon, NY May 2012-Dec. 2016
Sports Radio Host, Producer, Social Media Coordinator
- Hosted SportsTalk1240 (formerly “The 5th Quarter in New York Sports) on AM1240-WGBB and streaming online at SportsTalk1240.com and TuneIn.com. Discuss the hottest topics in sports and interview sports figures.
- Credentialed to cover Mets games, Jets, FXFL, Hofstra, and other NY sporting events.
- Engaged with listeners and fans on SportsTalk1240’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
SportsNet New York, New York, NY Nov 2014-April 2015
SNY.tv Podcast Producer, Co-Host
- Produce a weekly live Mets and Jets call-in show on BlogTalkRadio and featured on SNY.tv.
ESPN Radio, New Hampshire June 2013-June 2014
Sports Radio Host, Producer, Social Media Coordinator
- Hosted “The Weekend with Jake & Drew” on ESPN Radio New Hampshire on AM900 and AM1250, ESPN Radio app, ESPNNH.com, and on TuneIn Radio.
- Produced the show by booking guests, making rundown, new segments, commercials.
- Managed the show’s Facebook, Twitter, and Periscope.
88.7FM-WRHU, Hempstead, NY May 2012-May 2013
On-Air Host, Sports Updates
- Served as On-Air Host of the music shows “Aggressive Edge” and “Airwave.”
- Developed in-game sports updates during Hofstra sports broadcasts, and Morning Show and Newsline updates.
- Served as play-by play announcer and color commentator for Hofstra Pride athletics including basketball and baseball, and the Long Island Ducks.
Major League Baseball (MLB) Feb. 2018-Oct. 2018
Associate Site Manager, MLB.com
- Added meta to all assigned highlights via content management systems.
- Processed real-time highlights and game features to MLB Gameday and MLB.com via digital asset management systems.
- Posted highlights to team websites and MLB.com.
- Ensured correct sponsorships attached to relevant highlights.
- Copy-edited video descriptions and blurbs for grammatical and statistical accuracies.
SPORTS WRITING EXPERIENCE:
Web Content Producer
WFAN Sports Radio May 2018-Present
- Producing content for WFAN.com and their social media channels.
- Writing columns about New York sports and national sports scene.
Sports Writer, Blogger, Columnist
SNY’s The Knicks Blog July 2017-Present
- Covering the New York Knicks for SNY.tv’s The Knicks Blog. Credentialed to cover Knicks games at MSG. Live tweet games from The Knicks Blog Twitter.
Radio.com Sept. 2018-Dec. 2018
- Writing previews every week for NFL games for Radio.com, sponsored by fuboTV.
CBSSportsRadio.com, CBSLocalSports.com, CBS New York, Radio.com June 2014-April 2017
- Sports writer and columnist with CBS. Credentialed to cover the NBA Draft, NBA All Star Weekend, and many other events. Writing concert reviews for Radio.com.
Sports Writer, Blogger, Columnist Nov. 2011-Dec. 2014
- Sports writer, blogger, and columnist for: SportsTalk1240.com, SportsRadioNY.com, FanSided.com, FootballNation.com, AllVoices.com, JockSpin.com, TalkinNYSports.com, Sportsideo.com. Credentialed to cover various New York sporting events.
Hofstra News Now, Hempstead, NY Feb. 2013-May 2013
Sports Anchor, Producer
- Wrote, produced, and anchored sports stories for the Hofstra News Now broadcasts.
SportsNet New York, New York, NY June 2012-Aug. 2012
New York Mets Programming Intern
- Assisted with production of Mets programming and other SNY broadcasts.
- Logged games, pre and post-game sound, and other footage using Avid Interplay Assist.
- Supported on-air hosts with anything they needed, including bringing tapes to Citi Field.
New York Islanders, Uniondale, NY Oct. 2009-Dec. 2009
Media Relations Intern
- Provided assistance and box scores to the media in the press box.
- Supplied members of the media with proper credentials.
- Interviewed Islanders players and coaches after the game.
Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast Journalism, Minor in Sociology
- Proficient with Pro Tools, Selector, Master Control, ENPS, Avid Media Composer
- Computer: Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Software: Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Audition, Photoshop
- Social Media: Proficient in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, WordPress.