On this week’s 4th & Goal with JB & BT on CBS Local Sports, Ben Troupe and I were joined by former NFL wide receiver Derrick Mason. The former Oiler, Titan, Raven, Jet, and Texan was one of the most underrated receivers to ever play the game. He’s the Ravens all-time leader in receptions and receiving yards and he’s 13th all-time in NFL history in receptions. Mason spoke with us about Ray Rice, the future of Rex Ryan, why Brian Schottenheimer failed as offensive coordinator with the Jets, what Mark Sanchez is, the playoff race, receivers then and now, and his career. It was truly an intriguing interview.
I also broke out my second NFL rap, and this one may top the first one. I also brought out my JB’s Beef once again where I tore apart Marshawn Lynch’s agent, Darren Sproles’ wife, and Alec Ogletree and the Rams defense. Troupe tells stories of Lane Kiffin and Ron Zook, and also breaks out Troupe’s Trash. I closed out the show with my JB Locks for NFL Week 17.
Check out Sunday’s SportsTalk1240 on AM1240-WGBB. I brought in former New York Jets wide receiver Rob Carptenter to co-host the show with me. Our guest was former All Star NBA point guard Kenny Anderson.
Check out week three of 4th & Goal with JB & BT on CBS Local Sports. On this week’s show we spoke with former Pro Bowl running back for the Broncos and Redskins Clinton Portis. I also debuted my first freestyle rap in my sports radio career. Here’s a highlight of the segments on the show
- Pick Six – Manziel disaster, Cowboys stunning Eagles, Seahawks return to prominence, Rodgers worst game of career, who wins NFC South, who wins AFC North and gets two Wild Card spots
- My rap debut, my NFL Week 15 rap begins at 29:40 mark of show
- Interview with former Pro Bowl RB Clinton Portis – his career, Redskins and how far they are from playoffs, does RG3 and Gruden stay, Sean Taylor’s death, his alter egos, Dr. Do Itch Big predicts Super Bowl winner (Cardinals)
- Troupe Talk – Pacman Jones strip club story
- JB’s Beef – Chris Christie is a fool, awkward high fives by old people in press box, Lou Williams the pimp
- JB Locks against spread NFL Week 16
I had the chance to cover the New York Islanders Saturday as they took on the Chicago Blackhawks. The Isles prevailed with a 3-2 victory, ending their three-game losing streak and ending the Blackhawks eight-game win streak. The 20-10 Isles have proved to the rest of the league to take them for real. This team can compete with the best. Here’s my story on the game, featuring quotes from head coach Jack Capuano as well as Josh Bailey and Kyle Okposo.
After going 3-2 in my first week back after a two-week hiatus, my overall record is 31-29 in 2014 on my NFL JB Locks. It’s nothing to write home about, but there’s still time to make it more respectable. Let’s take a look at my CBS JB Locks for NFL Week 15.