On this week’s 4th & Goal with JB & BT on CBS Local Sports, Ben Troupe and I were joined by former NFL wide receiver Derrick Mason. The former Oiler, Titan, Raven, Jet, and Texan was one of the most underrated receivers to ever play the game. He’s the Ravens all-time leader in receptions and receiving yards and he’s 13th all-time in NFL history in receptions. Mason spoke with us about Ray Rice, the future of Rex Ryan, why Brian Schottenheimer failed as offensive coordinator with the Jets, what Mark Sanchez is, the playoff race, receivers then and now, and his career. It was truly an intriguing interview.
I also broke out my second NFL rap, and this one may top the first one. I also brought out my JB’s Beef once again where I tore apart Marshawn Lynch’s agent, Darren Sproles’ wife, and Alec Ogletree and the Rams defense. Troupe tells stories of Lane Kiffin and Ron Zook, and also breaks out Troupe’s Trash. I closed out the show with my JB Locks for NFL Week 17.
Check out week three of 4th & Goal with JB & BT on CBS Local Sports. On this week’s show we spoke with former Pro Bowl running back for the Broncos and Redskins Clinton Portis. I also debuted my first freestyle rap in my sports radio career. Here’s a highlight of the segments on the show
- Pick Six – Manziel disaster, Cowboys stunning Eagles, Seahawks return to prominence, Rodgers worst game of career, who wins NFC South, who wins AFC North and gets two Wild Card spots
- My rap debut, my NFL Week 15 rap begins at 29:40 mark of show
- Interview with former Pro Bowl RB Clinton Portis – his career, Redskins and how far they are from playoffs, does RG3 and Gruden stay, Sean Taylor’s death, his alter egos, Dr. Do Itch Big predicts Super Bowl winner (Cardinals)
- Troupe Talk – Pacman Jones strip club story
- JB’s Beef – Chris Christie is a fool, awkward high fives by old people in press box, Lou Williams the pimp
- JB Locks against spread NFL Week 16
I had the chance to cover the New York Islanders Saturday as they took on the Chicago Blackhawks. The Isles prevailed with a 3-2 victory, ending their three-game losing streak and ending the Blackhawks eight-game win streak. The 20-10 Isles have proved to the rest of the league to take them for real. This team can compete with the best. Here’s my story on the game, featuring quotes from head coach Jack Capuano as well as Josh Bailey and Kyle Okposo.
After going 3-2 in my first week back after a two-week hiatus, my overall record is 31-29 in 2014 on my NFL JB Locks. It’s nothing to write home about, but there’s still time to make it more respectable. Let’s take a look at my CBS JB Locks for NFL Week 15.
Check out the second edition of 4th & Goal with JB & BT on CBS Local Sports. Former NFL TE Ben Troupe and I were joined by New York Giants tight end Daniel Fells.
Highlights of the show this week include:
- Manziel the Midget vs. Marvin Lewis…what you talkin ’bout Lewis?
- What is wrong with the New Orleans Sants? Can the Panthers survive without Cam Newton?
- Bruce Arians saves the day, Traci Arians the hottie, Super Bowl tickets or Traci?
- Jeff Fisher, Rams show up the Redskins, Dan Snyder in the Geek Squad, my Snyder geek impression
- Colin Kaepernick robbing the 49ers, avoids answering media, Mangini to coach 49ers?
- Fauria twerks, Russell Wilson Mr. Steal Yo Girl
- JB’s Beef – shoutout to Hellen Keller and the deaf, Prince William needs Rogaine badly, Brennan Clay tried to big time us but he’s thirsty on Tinder, and random kid wants to be podcast guest C’MON SON
- Troupe Talk – story of Steve McNair trying to break into facilities, 2 guards tried to stop him
- 5 JB Locks for NFL Week 15
- Pats Propaganda t-shirt giveaway to correct trivia answer
- Interview with Giants TE Daniel Fells – should Coughlin stay? What happened this season? How tough was McAdoo offense? Eli > Brady? Status next season? Kids TV shows
A couple of weeks away from my JB Locks, but it’s time to get back at it with four weeks remaining in the season. Thursday started well with the Cowboys topping the Bears, but who else should you lock in this week? Here’s my CBS Local NFL Week 14 JB Locks against the spread.
Check out my new weekly NFL podcast on CBS Local Sports featuring myself and former NFL tight end Ben Troupe. Troupe was an All-American at the University of Florida before playing four seasons with the Tennessee Titans and a season with the Oakland Raiders/Tampa Bay Bucs. The podcast will take you inside the stories with Troupe’s stories that haven’t been heard before. We’ll give you my JB Locks for the week. We’ll break down the sizzling headlines around the NFL. We’ll also interview a player every week.
On the first edition of 4th & Goal with JB & BT, we were joined by Dallas Cowboys defensive end Jeremy Mincey. He discussed the transition from playing for the Jaguars to the Broncos and now the Cowboys. He talked Tony Romo being the leader, Jason Witten being the best tight end in the NFL, Peyton Manning’s legacy, the season, his career, and more. Troupe also told a couple of stories about Vince Young, Billy Volek/Kerry Collins, and Pacman Jones. We talked Manziel vs Hoyer, Rob Ryan the pirate, Ben McAdoo the pornstar, head coaches on the hot seat, my Jets rant, and a whole lot more.